Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Back on the horse

"Manions by the Sea", 11"x14", soft pastel on paper, 2008

I recently had an inspirational reconnection as a result of my last art show. My high school art teacher, Tom Manion, was always a supportive figure in my formative years, and so I sent him a postcard to let him know about the show at the Kaewyn Gallery. He went to see it, and we had a chance to catch up over coffee. I was honored when he asked me to do a portrait for him, and so we decided on a picture of him and his wife. Here it is!
Also as a result of this reconnection, Mr. Manion helped me hang a show of 18 pieces at the Sacred Heart Center at my old high school in Bellevue, Forest Ridge. It will be there for an indefinite amount of time, but definitely through October and likely longer. I'll also be donating a custom portrait to their annual auction, date TBD.

2 comments:

Noah Overby said...

Hey Lindsay! It's been a while since I checked out your blog. It looks great. I love being able to see a big collection of your pastels online. I really like the one of your parents holding the dogs. It looks like your dad had to hang on tight otherwise that little guy was going to flee for the hills!

Lindsay said...

Yep, I think we took about 20 photos to find one where the dogs were acceptably un-wiggly. But I really like how that one turned out... so formal!